Friday 1 March 2013

The Spiral Dance by Starhawk

The Spiral Dance By Starhawk

I am still reading this book as it is taking a little longer than I thought that it would as there are lots of things to try and lots of things to think about with this book, there is a good Bibliography at the end which will give me ideas for other books for my reading challenge. 

Even though it is a little dated because I have the 20th Aniversiry one some of the ideas and thoughts have been somewhat updated a little another reason this book is taking so long to read is the reading of all the extra notes and after thoughts. I like the idea that the authour continues the book and brings it up to date with the current ideas and thoughts every so often. I feel that this shows how the craft is evolving and changing to fit in with new and next generation pagans. I will review the content as soon as I have finished the book.

I have now finished reading the book. I feel that it was worth the read and intend to do some of the excercises in it. The more complicated ones I will have to adapt for single use as they are written for a group of people. I think that they are in the book to encourage a person to think and re write the exercises to make them more personal and to help a person engage with there own personal spirituality. There are notes on the chapters at the back of the book at the 10th year and 20th year aniversiries.

I will write anything that I try from the book on here. I could imagine that this book is really good for explaining basic ideas and poses some very good ideas thoughts and situations. I would proberbly re read this book again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment