Saturday 16 June 2012

A Witches' Bible (pagan reading Challenge)

A Witches' Bible : The compleate Witches' Handbook By Janet and Stewart Farrar


I must admit that I took a whole week to read this book as there is a fair bit to it. Though I did enjoy reading it as there is alot of things explained as I dont do much ceremonial magic and this is a good guide for the bigginer and the advanced alike as it has ideas for the different Sabbats etc and it gives a good insite to the workings of Garderian magic and it also has a brillient Bibliography. I have used to increase my reading list.

The book is devided into 2 halfs and makes it easier to read and understand the first book is about the Sabbats and other ritual basics and the seccond bit of the book is about ethics and verious aspects of the craft it is called The wiccan path. It is full of interesting ideas and things to think about. With a good reference list and ideas for further study.

I thought that this book was really usefull especially as a starting point for research on basic ideas of the craft in general.  I liked the freiendly way this book is written and the advise that is offered from two people who have considrable experience themselves they offer some sound advise but are not to pushy they except that everyone has there own ideas and paths they offer advise to avoid serious pitfalls but acept that everyone has there own mistakes to make. They are not preachy in anyway and have written the book simply to make information available so that a seeker can make informed desitions and more competent choises. It is an excellent book and I think that I may well use one of the chapters to help start off my winter research this year. I have had this book for ages and never read it properly so I wish to thank the reading challenges for giving me the insentive to do so.

To join in the fun 

No comments:

Post a Comment