Saturday 2 March 2013

Pagan Blog prompt Divination





Divination

How do I use Divination in my everyday life ? 

Divination is that act of trying to predict or gain extra insite this is my own thought really as there are many definitions out there that can easily be found I am going to talk about my own personal ideas and expresions with in this area. There is an aweful lot of formal information out there. I feel that Divination is really simple it is just the time to stop and think about a problem or general life and gain insite and additional information from the higher self or the Divine spark within. I am a person that is prone to act on impulse and therefore I try to use Divination as a means of actually trying to cover as many possiblilities and ideas. 

I have many sets of cards, Ogham and runes, but you can also use ink in water, crystals, mirrors and all natural energies such as clouds flowers and bird flight. You can use anything the important bit is that the way you are using encourages you to think and triggers you imagination other wise it isnt going to hold your attention or hold very much meaning. I found the more complicated the system and the more I have to try to remember the less it works for me personaly. The materials that I am using have show me my most inner thoughts that I may not have identified on my first impulse. 

Many people say that you cant 'do' your own reading but I have found that I am the reverse if I can use the divination in my own life well then I know that I have developed a 'bond' with the type of divination. The brain is programed to interpret signs into meaning for a person it is how we learn to talk read and write. This is really the same with anything that a peson intends to use for divination it is in my eyes like using a different language to access a different part of the brain. The more of my brain I use when trying to solve my problem the easier it will be to solve the problem perhaps in a more creative and apparent way. Using signs and symbols engages the creative side of the brain perhaps leading to less over thinking and analysing.

I try to write all my interpretaions down as the final solutions may not be delivered at speed and I have a tendency to forget alot of what I have come up with. I sometimes even draw pictures and write in short hand it really sosent matter because I am the only one who is going to need it right? 

The most in depth thing a person can do to connect with the spirit of divination is to make there own set of cards or divination tools that way a person can be sure of the meanings behind the tool and they can fully engage with the ideas behind the symbols and understand the connections better. There are many web pages devoted to making cards sticks and runes. I have tried many different tools as I dont feel that I can say something dosent work for me unless I have actually engaged with it. 

Over all Divination is a very personal subject and there are as many interpretations as there are users everybody is different and that is what makes it fun. A good diviner is someone who fully listens to all the information and engadges with it fully. Its impossible to get 100 % accurecy but then again who wants to know exactly whats going to happen? I wouldnt it would make life boring. Divination is a tool to help in a prosess of choice there can be no right or wrong answers just another choice.










To join in the project  click right here

No comments:

Post a Comment