Monday 13 August 2012

Lammas

I admit to strugling to fit a holiday to one specific day as I tend to go with when it feels like the change has happened rather than trying to put it onto a date so this week we will be celebrating it and perhaps longer as I watch the tractors go past our house bringing in corn and hay that has only just started the last few days my partner took his son out walking and gathered up some left wheat and brought it home for me as I can no longer get out anywhere with baby im in the home stage of pregnancy now it is the right time as I feel that this is the beginging of celebrating the home and thoughts begin to turn inwards to make home as cosy and well stocked for the winter to come.

Today we made the wheat that was gathered into a corn dolly, its not the best looking thing ever but I love it because its something that we have done together to share in the seasson. It is hung up in our house and hopefully will prpovide a home for the spirits over the comming winter. We have also decorated our house with sun flowers and hollyhocks and I intend to make seed bread and perhaps some jam.

Next weekend if the weather holds out my partner intends to take his daughter out blackberry spotting. So we can perhaps make a pie or some such yummy dessert. I will take photos its just trying to get them on the computer!

With the begining of harvest it is a good time to think about all the things in life that I have harvested this year and the most obvious one is Baby who hopefully will put in an appearence at the end of this month and to me that has a speciall significance as it so clearly resonates with the natural cycle of the year baby will be born in the middle of harvest and all those months of caring and looking after a growing bump will be worth it. The Tarot card that I have been working with it the sun card that fits in quite nicely with everything at the moment meditations have been short but sweet, as baby is very good at moving when I am trying to relax.

I will put up any other things that we do later on this week. The Apricot wine is still brewing and we will be looking at that soon and I am still reading my books. Its just that I have had to slow down nature has made me.

Seasonal blessings to you all
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment