Friday 9 November 2012

The New Year.

Its true I havent been on here for a while this is mostly because I now have a small baby to look after and he is very demanding! He needs lots of love and care and I just wasnt ready for the late nights and the hours it takes us to get ready to go anywhere and do anything. I love him very much though and now he is two months old Rowan is doing brilliently well.

So with Samhain just past we thought that we would have a little party and combine bonfire night and samhain together what better way to start a new year than with a party, sparklers and fire works. We had lots of spooky food and mulled cider which though shop brought was really nice.

I will attempt to make a pumpkin Pie this week because I can always try ( I will try to post up some results) I have still been reading my books but it is taking longer than it was before. I have lots of silent days as I now dont get much time to watch tv and so forth. Having a baby means lots of visitors and visiting people so that means less me time more other people time. I am just getting back into a routine and I thought that the new year would be a good time to start introducing Rowan into the seassonal callender and the holidays that I celebrate.

We are looking forward to Yule very much with the tinkly lights and long snuggly nights hot chocolate and family time.I will be writing up here as much as I can about my journey to introduce my little man to the world.

In the next week I will be doing a sort of welcome to our home ceremoney, yes he has been here for a while but I wanted him to be able to see what we are doing, maybe take an interest in whats going on. It is a sort of introduction to our family place and allow him to take his place in our home with the blessings of Brigid and the house spirits.

I have thought about how much things have changed this year and what things might be like next. All the things that we have done and they are not all pleasant but all worth the lesson. What do I want to happen in the next year. It is quite hard to top having a baby. That is a big change and a big endorcement of my and my partners relationship. I will have a post up about Samhain soon and all other things that we do together soon

Seassonal Blessings xxxx

The Holly in a field near our home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment