Friday 9 November 2012

Samhain and the celebration of our Ancestors

The Continuation of our tree

This holiday has a particular interesting perspective this year as I have recently had my son it has given a deeper meaning to remembering our family members who have gone before and those people who are important to me but he has never met. It is interesting to note how even those people who Rowan has never seen will have an influance on him and how we live today.

I have lots of photos of these people and they are in frames dotted around our house but I find it nice to have a day set aside for remembering those people and all those people whom I have never seen but I know about through stories from my grandparents and other family members. My brother is a keen geaniologist and has made grate peogress on the family tree. It is huge and each member is important.

I intend to show Rowan how important he is in that tree and how he is the continuation of our family, there are people who look after him even though he might not see them. These people are how we got here and ar part of our story there decitions have impacted us today and that our decitions will have an impact on other generations of our family to come.  So the focus at this years celebrations has been the meaning of family and its importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment